The Wellesley Friendly Aid Association welcomes volunteers.
Our Wellesley Helping Hands program provides services to residents with temporary needs arising out of an illness or injury. This program offers hands-on volunteer opportunities on a schedule determined by the volunteer and is described in more detail in the Community Volunteers section of our website.
We are also always looking for people who would like to support the Wellesley community by serving as a Board member of Friendly Aid. Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering in this capacity.
Interested residents may also call our office at (781) 235-3960 to discuss current volunteer opportunities.
The Value of Volunteering - Top Reasons to Volunteer
There are as many reasons to serve as there are people who serve. Volunteering is not just an altruistic act. It's an opportunity to advance in all areas of your life. Here are a few of the things you can gain when you give your time and yourself:
- Connect with your community.
- Conserve funds for charities, nonprofits and faith-based and other community organizations by contributing your time.
- Share your skills and gain new ones.
- Develop self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Meet new people from all walks of life.
- Enhance your resume and make important networking contacts.
- Promote a worthwhile activity.
- Feel needed and valued.
- Experience something new.
- Serve your country.
Source: Corporation for National and Community Service